In addition to a paperless office, eliminating the use of plastic bottles and cans, and printing business cards and pamphlets with vegetable-based ink — Dr. Reynolds’ new office features sustainable architectural elements made from reclaimed vinyl and eco-resins, with organic acoustic insulation constructed from recycled denim jeans. Every surface from the floors to the cabinetry was thoughtfully procured for zero PVC and formaldehyde content, as well as being chlorine-free.
A special water filtration system was installed in the office that allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old mercury fillings. The use of digital tooth imaging technology means that clients are exposed to 90 percent less radiation than with traditional x-rays. It also eliminates the need for toxic x-ray development chemicals and film.
What is green dentistry?
Green dentistry is a whole-earth approach to tooth care that reduces the environmental impact of dentistry and creates a caring environment for clients.
• Our office has been designed to maximize energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint.
• We use state-of-the-art dental technology to minimize toxic pollution and water waste.
How are we green?
• Our patients are exposed to 90 percent less radiation with the use of digital imaging technology instead of x-rays for tooth imaging. This also eliminates the need for toxic x-ray development chemicals.
• Use of steam-based, surgical-grade instrument sterilization, contains no harmful chemicals and reduces water use.
• Installation of a special water filtration system allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old mercury fillings, to prevent pollution of our local water ways.
• Biodegradable sterilization solutions are used to clean examination areas.